- Register for a hoopla account by visiting hoopladigital.com, or by using our mobile app on your iOS or Android device. You will need to provide an e-mail address, create a password, and have your library account information ready. Our free mobile app can be found in the App Store and the Google Play store.
- Easily browse titles on your computer or mobile device by clicking Browse All on the format (Music, Movies, Audiobooks and Television) you would like to browse further on. You can also search for a specific title by clicking on the Search box or magnifying glass and typing in your title(s)/keyword.
- To borrow a title, click on the title and then click the Borrow button. Your borrowed titles can be played right after borrowing, and found under the My Titles menu for viewing/listening. Enjoy your selected titles!
- Borrowed titles will be automatically returned when your lending period is over. There are no holds, wait lists, or late fees for any of hoopla’s content.
- If you need additional help, visit the help section on our mobile app, or click on the Help link found at the bottom of hoopladigital.com.
Nassau Digital Doorway – browse, check out, and download free digital books, audio eBooks, and more! Compatible with Kindle, Android™, BlackBerry®, iPhone® / iPad® / iPod touch®, Windows Phone 8, and more! Please see list of compatible devices.
ComicsPlus – unlimited access to thousands of digital graphic novels and comics on any Web-connected device.
- View titles through your Web browser on any computer, tablet or smartphone with an Internet connection.
- Check out and read titles through iOS and Android Mobile Apps.
Download your free Zinio reader app for your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire/HD, Win 8, Blackberry, or Nook HD/HD+ and click on a magazine of your choice to checkout a magazine to your free Zinio account. Discover over 5,500 magazines on your device!
OneClickDigital – download a free eAudio app, login using the credentials you create at the OneClickdigital website, and access your checkouts, browse and checkout titles, and download eAudio books directly to your device using the app. eBooks are available for download using Adobe Digital Editions. ADE is a free software used for viewing eBooks on your computer. Along with Adobe Digital Editions you may also download the OneClickdigital eReader app from Google Play and iTunes.
New York Online Virtual Electronic Library (NOVELNY) – NOVELNY is an online library of literally hundreds of magazines, newspapers, maps, charts, research and reference books that are available to every New Yorker, free of charge. All you need is your public library card, New York driver license, or non-driver ID. Students may also access the NOVELNY databases through their school or academic library.
TumbleBook Library – animated, talking picture books online! Read or listen to them in English, Chinese, French, or Spanish!
Sesame Street.org – access Sesame Street eBooks, audio eBooks, interactive and animated eBooks! The Sesame Street eBook Reader displays eBook content in your Internet browser just like it appears in a printed book.
Mineola Library’s Nook E-Book List
These e-books have been preloaded onto the Mineola Library’s Nook e-reader devices. Check one out today!
11/22/63 by Stephen King
Bared to You by Sylvia Day
The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Fall of Giants by Ken Follett
Fallen Angel by Daniel Silva
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson
Killing Kennedy by Bill O’Reilly
Killing Lincoln by Bill O’Reilly
The Litigators by John Grisham
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman
The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
The Next Always by Nora Roberts
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Panther by Nelson DeMille
The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Racketeer by John Grisham
Reflected in You by Sylvia Day
Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
Severe Clear by Stuart Woods
The Shoemaker’s Wife by Adriana Trigiani
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
Suicide Run by Michael Connelly
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Winter of the World by Ken Follet
Zero Day by David Baldacci
Nooks may be loaned to Mineola Library cardholders over the age of 18 with a library card account in good standing. The e-readers are loaned for 14 days, and cannot be renewed. Overdue fines are $5 per day. Nooks may be reserved, and will be held awaiting pickup for 3 days only. The e-reader and all its accessories must be checked out and returned at the Circulation Desk; they may not be returned to another library, nor placed in the drop boxes. At time of checkout, the patron will be required to sign the library’s e-reader borrowing policy and assume full responsibility for loss, damage or theft of the device and its accessories.