The MinCon Cosplay Contest will be on Saturday, July 22, 2017, from 11:00AM-12:00PM in the Ann C. Hurley Community Room (A and B) downstairs. It will be a display of costumed participants. The judging will take place after the display of costumes.
Those who want to participate in the contest must register in advance at the front entrance during MinCon, or pre-register for the contest by using the contact form on the MinCon webpage. When registering, please provide your full name and the name of your costume/character. All participants as well as attendees must adhere to the Costume/Cosplay Rules.
1. Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
2. Each contestant may enter as an individual or as a group (keep in mind that there may not be enough prizes for each member of the group).
3. Each contestant may only enter a handmade costume as opposed to a purchased or commissioned costume.
4. No explosive or other similar special effects are allowed.
5. No messy substances are allowed.
6. Every part of each contestant’s costume must leave with him or her after the walk-on or skit is completed.
6. No profanity, political, or religious statements or signage are allowed during the contest.
7. Each contestant or group is only allowed one walk-on or one skit (3 minutes or under). This may include 1-3 minute walk-ons, character scene re-enactments, and skits.
8. Contestants will be judged according to their costume’s resemblance to the character it is based on, representation of their costume, and craftsmanship skill.