President – Madeline Maffetore
Vice President – Richard Ayers
Recording Secretary – Carolyn Ayers
Corresponding Secretary – Regina Wiley
Treasurer – Bernardette Vaskas
WHO WE ARE
- The Friends is an organization of people who recognize the value of a library to their community.
- It is an entity entirely separate and distinct from the Mineola Memorial Library.
- Its membership is open to all. You do not have to be a Library member or a Mineola resident to join the Friends and/or participate in their activities.
- The Friends are the fundraising arm of the Library.
WHAT THE FRIENDS DO
The Friends seek: to promote the Library’s use by the community, to focus attention on a Library’s many services, and to enhance the Library’s many programs and activities.
THE FRIENDS’ MEMBERSHIP DUES AND DONATIONS HELP TO:
- Purchase items needed by the Library.
- Subsidize additional programs and activities for the Library.
HOW OLD IS THIS ORGANIZATION?
Over 25 years old. The Friends of the Mineola Memorial Library was incorporated by the State of New York on June 21, 1979.
WHAT KIND OF ORGANIZATION IS THE FRIENDS?
It is a non-profit organization incorporated under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All monies are held separately by the Friends in accordance with its charter and are not commingled with the Libraries’ funds. Except for expenses, all monies held by the Friends must be used exclusively to benefit the Library in a various number of ways.
ARE CONTRIBUTIONS MADE TO THE FRIENDS DEDUCTIBLE?
Yes! Because the Friends was set up as a non-profit organization, all dues and donations are tax-deductible.
HOW DO I JOIN THE FRIENDS OF THE MINEOLA MEMORIAL LIBRARY?
Fill out our Annual Membership Form and send it to:
Friends of the Mineola Memorial Library
c/o Mineola Memorial Library
195 Marcellus Rd.
Mineola, NY 11501