If you or a loved one cannot visit the library, we can bring the library to you! We offer this free service to any Mineola resident with a permanent or temporary impairment that makes coming to the library difficult. Instead of visiting the library and checking out materials, we’ll hand-deliver the materials directly to you.
Who is eligible for this service?
You qualify if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are unable to visit the library due to a temporary or permanent physical disability; or you are confined to your home due to advanced age, a chronic illness, or other prolonged disability
- You are a resident of the Mineola School District
- You have a valid Mineola Memorial Library card
a. If you do not have a valid library card, please call 516-746-8488 (ext. 3) for information about obtaining one
- You fill out either the online or print application form (see below)
There are two easy ways to apply:
- Fill out the online contact form:
- Print out the Homebound Application form and return it either by mail or in-person
Once we receive your form, we will contact you to obtain any clarification or to set up the date and time of your first delivery. Then, once a month, we’ll bring you materials that reflect your interests, based on the selections you made on the sign-up form. You can also request specific materials for us to bring by calling ahead of time. We’ll return again in approximately one month to pick up your materials (if you are unable to arrange to have them returned to the library) and to deliver your new selections.
If you have any questions, please call the Mineola Memorial Library at 516-746-8488 (ext. 2).